A burger is an ingenious concept: a whole meal where all the flavors, textures, aromas and colors, yes, everything that makes up a burger, are gathered in a very small area between the hot bottom and top bun. There is a reason why burgers are eaten all over the world.
In recent years, fast food has come out of nowhere - perhaps because so many cafes and restaurants have embraced the burger and are experimenting on all fronts with good ingredients and interesting compositions. But why not make the burger yourself from scratch with family and friends?
The inspiration for this book is taken from many places in the world, and as it will show, a burger does not always have to be with meat. In fact, there is a lot of emphasis on green burgers, which may surprise most people.
Suggestions are given for both vegetarian, insect, fish, seafood and meat burgers - all spiced with imaginative and exciting fillings and accessories that are easy to go to and easy to make.
A total of 60 recipes for burgers and 125 recipes for fillings and accessories.
Examples from the book are
- Beetroot burger with horseradish cream, elderflower pickled red onions and feta
- Lentil burger with truffle mayo, sweet potato and rye bread croutons
- Sliced pea burger with cherry ketchup, blue cheese and rhubarb chutney
- Ostrich burger with pepper relish, pistachio butter and fried lotus root
- Cod burger with kale pesto and cucumber salad
- Scallop sliders with passion fruit cream and mango salsa
- Pulled pork burger with Kentucky whiskey mayo, spicy okra pickles and cajun fried smoked oysters
And of course the classic beef burger with chili mayo, tomato ketchup, pickled cucumber and bacon.